New Semester
My new semester is going to start soon. Last semester that I had was fantastic, and I'm looking forward to the new semester. I'll be having 5 core modules, along with Japanese I. Maybe I'll take GEM or SS module too.
CE2112 Soil MechanicsAnyone wants to give me the lecture notes to me please leave a message! Thank you! ありがとうございます!
3-0.5-0.5-0-6
This is an introductory module in soil mechanics. The topics covered include basic geology, effective stress principle, shear strength, compressibility, and seepage and consolidation. Students will learn to be conversant with basic terminology in soil mechanics and to understand effective stress as an important unifying principle underlying all soil behavior. This module provides an understanding of Mohr-Coulomb failure criterion (drained and undrained interpretations), perform settlement calculations using e-log p', and estimating rate of consolidation using classical Terzaghi theory.
CE2164 Structural Design & Materials
3-0.5-0.5-0-6
This module provides students with basic knowledge of broad categories of materials that are used in civil and infrastructure engineering and fundamental knowledge pertaining to the structural design methodology of reinforced concrete and steel members. Besides basic material properties, students will learn to appreciate the factors affecting the choice of materials in structural design. They will also acquire basic skills to do simple structural design in practice by applying the fundamental knowledge acquired, and by using modern engineering tools. The module is target at civil engineering students and those with a keen interest on how structures are built and designed.
CE2183 Construction Project Management
ESE2401 Water Science & Technology
3-0.5-0.5-0-6
This module provides students with the fundamental aspects of water science and technology in water and wastewater treatment. Applied chemistry, microbiology and biology in fresh water, marine water, drinking water and wastewater will be covered. This module will enable students to understand the global cycle, possible contamination and threats to water in nature. Students also learn how to integrate engineering systems to purify natural water for human uses, and recycle water back to global water cycle through the practice of environmental science and technologies.
CE3101 Integrated Infrastructure Project
This is a compulsory module that allows students free expression of what they have learned from other modules to build their own virtual island on the web. It serves as a pedagogical tool for relating context-to-content in a knowledge structure to facilitate the learning process and provides each student a learning portfolio. The teaching and learning objectives are: to train student to develop independent learning and lateral thinking through integration of other modules; to expose students to use of IT tools and to enhance students' appreciation on the infrastructure project operations, management and the awareness of their implicit on society. This is a satisfactory/unsatisfactory module targeting at second and third year students.
LAJ1201 JAPANESE 1
2-5-0-1-4
This is the first part of introductory-level Japanese. It is designed to provide competence in handling various language tasks in authentic situations, using basic linguistic and socio-cultural skills. While more emphasis is placed on the development of oral communication skills, students will also learn how to read and write using hiragana, katakana, and approximately 100 kanji (i.e. Chinese characters) and 170 kanji-words. Students are also trained to learn basic self-study skills in Japanese to enable them to continue studying Japanese both in and outside of the classroom.
All the description were taken from http://www.nus.edu.sg/nusbulletin/0506/Modules/mod_sch_eng.htm
2 Comments:
How can you manage to study Japanese beside those 5 modules! It'll be killing schedule!! Don't torture yourself...
I was very deppressed because I left Singapore and my hoilidays have ended. but, I should think in possitive way like you! New start is always a littile bit of sad, uneasy, but it is exciting;)
If I like the things that I study, it won't torture me at all. Afterall, I couldn't wait to chat with you in Japanese!
I'm glad that you think in such way. You don't lose everything just because it has ended, because now you're more prepared for the new begining! Wish you all the best in you future undertakings!
Post a Comment
<< Home