Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Unusual Touch

I look through a stack of papers, in search for something. The papers that I was looking through are the articles that Kato sensei gave to us after training. I've kept those articles for more than one years, knowing nothing why I kept them. And now I'm looking through them to seek for the answer I longed for.

Last Sunday tournament was a pleasant surprise for most of the people. My team has won 1st runner-up for 8th Youth Kendo Tournament 2006 Men's Team event! That means I've gotten myself my first ever trophy! やった~



I've found the words that I was looking for in one of Kato sensei's article.

"When I was practicing Kendo last week, I felt "a unusual touch" with my left hand move. "This is it!" I got what I had been longing for. I made a step forward towards the goal. I have been practicing it for so many years. And I was very pleased."

I can never forget what he had written ever since I first read about it. During the tournament itself, it wasn't my left hand that gotten the "unusual touch". It was my heart that had gotten the "unusual touch". My heart was "empty".

Anyway, it wasn't just my effort that won me the trophy, it was a combination of all my great teammates effort. I would like to say that I'm very lucky to have you guys as my teammates! Thank you to you all! ありがとうございました!


[Statistic]
Won: 7th kyu (1 x men), national player (1 x men), 7th kyu (1.5 x penalty), Nabil (1 x men), (?)
Draw: 1st dan
Lost: Guan Liang(1 x men), national player (1 x men, 1 x kote, 0.5 x penalty on him)




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS GAND~!!!!

Omedetou gozaimasu!!!

and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR~!!!!

hope u have a wonderful new year ahead of u! ^^

8:14 PM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

Arigatou gozaimasu!~

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!

wish you have a great new year too!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Moola said...

happy chinese new year!

4:19 PM  
Blogger ||wach|n said...

Congrats!!
And Happy Chinese New Year!!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home