Monday, March 07, 2005

Dinner of the day

Guess what I did just now? Attend Jasmine's small gathering! There is ten people, three Japanese girl (Jasmine, Hikari, Eriko), one Hong Kong girl (Wing Ying), one Thai girl (Beau), one Laos guy (Sisaath), one French guy (Nicolas) and three Malaysian people (John, Vern, me). An International Conference Dinner (ICD) :D

Jasmine had prepared quite a lot of dishes. There are Yam soup, ginger pork, cabbage roll, akikomi-gohan, sushi, fish and gooya-champlu! Everything taste great! Well, at least that's what my empty stomach told me. おいしいです! My favourite dishes was cabbage roll. It taste... special! Hehe. Most of the foods that are served are novel to me, but some of them reminds me of my mom's cooking. I miss my mom's cooking! By the way, everyone praised Jasmine cooking using their own mother tongue!

Fish
Fish~


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yam Soup



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sushi!


We had our dinner at the BBQ pit downstair because we don't have enough space in the kitchen. We chat many things during the dinner, and Jasmine danced for us! Hmph! I want to join ballroom dancing next semester!

Anyway, I'm so glad that I know so many friends today. I'm even more glad when I found out Hikari is interested in watching NUS Kendo training! I don't remember any of my friends seen me training Kendo before (other than my Kendo friends lah!), and I doubt she'll recognize me when I'm fully equipped in armour. Hehe. But I have to make sure I attend every training incase she came and visit me! Ha!

Anyway, the dinner at BBQ pit lasted until nine, where we cleaned up everything and move back to Jasmine's kitchen. But the night didn't end there. Nicolas (the French guy) wanted to let us try his cooking. So we all went to his cluster and gathering around his cluster's kitchen. Jasmine went there with her Thai homework because the deadline is tomorrow! Poor thing... Doing things at last minute *rolleyes* But I wasn't good either, rarely finish doing things earlier...

Nicolas planned to cook something called... "crab"? That's what I heard, but it doesn't taste or looks like crab either, it looks like pancake to me. And it's sure taste like one. And it taste pretty nice with chocolate spread! But it'll great if there's lime and honey, cause that's what I used when I ate pancake. (I found out later that it was called "Crepes", a kind of French Pancake. Haha.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While the great chief Nicolos was creating his so called "little disaster" (which I don't think it is), I asked Erico and forced... *cough cough* asked Jasmine to teach me Japanese *rolleyes* I learnt so many Japanese words today! Hehe. わかります、わからいねー、なんで?なに!Eriko tried to influence me with her Japanese slang but Jasmine manage to stop in time. It was very fun to learn from them! ありがとうりえちゃん、えりこちゃん! Haha. And I enjoy listening Eriko complaining in Japanese. She was like (-_-) Blah blah... Blah blah blah~ (>_<) Blah blah blah... (T_T) And Jasmine only kept on smilling.

Anyway, Nicolas finally gain his momentum of making "crab" and he keep serving us every 5 minutes. It's getting crispy and nicer. Thanks Nicolas!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home