Saturday, May 14, 2005

Home run

Phew, it's been a long time since I last update my blog. Well, FYI, I'm in my home sweet home now! Situated in the northen region of Peninsular Malaysia is where the state Perak is, the capital of the state, Ipoh is where I stay. I'm back to my home now that I missed a lot!

Last Sunday, Jasmine and I finally stepped on to the journey back to Ipoh. Jasmine wanted to visit Ipoh so I brought her along with me. Well, actually I needed her to bring me across from Singapore to Johor because she's more experience than me. Argh! I can't believe she is much better in direction than me!?

Anyway, the journey back is pretty much what I've expected.

Crazy.

No other words that can be best used to describe it. We didn't book any ticket and Jasmine never tried going back to Ipoh from Johor. It's 10.30 pm by the time we get ready and we still insist to embark on the journey.

.
.
.
.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It started of with a 100 meter sprint to the PGP's bus terminal when we saw the A1 bus ready to go. It was 10.30 pm. We alight at the bus stop right outside of PGP and took the 200 bus to Buona Vista MRT station. I thought everything is alright until Jasmine realize we're sitting on the train heading to the opposite direction.

Oops.

We also missed another train in Jurong interchange because we were not sure if it is the right train to take. We only realize later it's the only train we can get on. Aiyak, what to do, so we waited for another train to come.

Everything went well in the checkpoint, even though Jasmine and I were the only two who have to have our luggage checked.

12.00 am.

Finally we reached Johor's bus terminal. We proceed on looking for bus ticket to Ipoh. Uh uh, no good. The last bus back to Ipoh was 11 pm. The only way we can get back to Ipoh is to goto Kuala Lumpur (KL) and change the bus there to go back to Ipoh! *whines* So we brought a bus ticket for two and continue our journey at 1 am.

We slept through out the whole journey and we arrived KL at 4.45 am. We were greeted with tons of taxi drivers. Most of them just asked us where we wanted to go. Of course I didn't take any of the offer because the bus terminal is just a walking distance away from where we alight. Even if I wanted to go somewhere I wouldn't even consider taking those taxi. Unless you know the way in KL, taking taxi in KL is just plain rip-off.

When we reached the bus terminal, all of the bus ticket booth was closed at that time. Even so, many people was still waiting in the bus terminal. I guess those people are just like us, sat on a late night bus and went to the bus terminal too early. Since we arrived too early in the morning, we decided to have breakfast while waiting for the ticket booths to be opened.

5.30 am.

We went to an indian restaurant not far away. We had teh tarik, roti canai and roti bom for breakfast. That's my first Malaysian food that I ate ever since the last time I came back to Malaysia. But my first reaction was, "Heck, That is too sweet!!!". I guess that is pretty normal for someone who ate too much Singaporean food that is not too sweet, but too salty and less tasty. Or maybe I just had too much home-cook Japanese food *grins*

At around 6.45 am, we went back to the bus terminal to buy our bus ticket. Guess what, I was cheated. There was a woman standing right outside of Konsortium ticket booth and she greeted us when we approach the ticket booth. I thought she was selling Konsortium bus's ticket but I was wrong! Eventually we sat on a non-Konsortium bus which I only realize about it halfway back to Ipoh. Luckily it was okay lah. Hehe.

9.30 am.

Finally we reached Ipoh!!! When the bus reached Ipoh, I thought we will alight at Medan Kit's bus terminal. Instead, we were forced to alight at the new bus terminal in Medan Gopeng! But my dad know how to go to that bus terminal. Yay! It was a pretty long trip but I'm glad we reached home safely!

Of course, what happens for the following few days would need another few pages to write them out. So I'll stop here for today. See ya!





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! quite a journey u had back home. so jasmine is living wif u or..?

haha, foreigner knoes her way round etter than gand.. O_O

-VANA-

12:01 PM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

Hehe, don't want to tell you! :D

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home