Erwin Schrödinger
Today physics lecture talks about the Schrödinger's wave equation! Erwin Schrödinger was born on August 12, 1887, in Vienna. His great discovery, Schrödinger's wave equation or probability amplitude, was made as a result of his dissatisfaction with the quantum condition in Bohr's orbit theory. He believed that atomic spectra should be dertermined by some eigenvalue problem. (http://nobelprize.org/physics/laureates/1933/schrodinger-bio.html)

Erwin Schrödinger
And guess what, I'm learning eigenvalue problems this semester! It wasn't a whole module dedicated to eigenvalue problems but a part the math module that I'm taking. For Schrödinger, he acquired a mastery of eigenvalue problems during the years as a student in University of Vienna! Geng!
The lecturer carried on explaning how Schrödinger's wave equation can be used to find the wave equation for a particle in a well of finite height and tunneling through a barrier. Aside from the tedious equation that the lecturer was showing us, it explained the possibility of a particle can go through a barrier, with an analogy that one might be able to go through the wall if he bangs into it! But for some reason it won't happens, that is, you can't bang through the wall.
Today is April fool. The Alice was tricked by her friends. She tries to trick me back but failed severely. *smirks at Alice* I'm just too smart for such tricks. Bwahahahaha! However, Tyng nearly got me. Hehe. April fool in university very sien lah! They don't use chalk in the lecture where I can used it to dirty others' pants. And I'll be labeled childish because I tried to stick a stick-on-note with a turtle on it on to others person back. *stick out tongue* Gou Li! Sianz!
I'll have stop here liao, have to do assignment!!! Ciao!
Erwin Schrödinger
And guess what, I'm learning eigenvalue problems this semester! It wasn't a whole module dedicated to eigenvalue problems but a part the math module that I'm taking. For Schrödinger, he acquired a mastery of eigenvalue problems during the years as a student in University of Vienna! Geng!
The lecturer carried on explaning how Schrödinger's wave equation can be used to find the wave equation for a particle in a well of finite height and tunneling through a barrier. Aside from the tedious equation that the lecturer was showing us, it explained the possibility of a particle can go through a barrier, with an analogy that one might be able to go through the wall if he bangs into it! But for some reason it won't happens, that is, you can't bang through the wall.
Today is April fool. The Alice was tricked by her friends. She tries to trick me back but failed severely. *smirks at Alice* I'm just too smart for such tricks. Bwahahahaha! However, Tyng nearly got me. Hehe. April fool in university very sien lah! They don't use chalk in the lecture where I can used it to dirty others' pants. And I'll be labeled childish because I tried to stick a stick-on-note with a turtle on it on to others person back. *stick out tongue* Gou Li! Sianz!
I'll have stop here liao, have to do assignment!!! Ciao!
2 Comments:
Oh....feel so happy to know tat u still appreciate Physics...good engine students.Anyway,u hav some minor mistake on eigenvalue explanation..but nvmlah!
Pls take PC2130 if u really interested in QM!which is the real QM module where can change your view totally on wat is QM which view by Physicist!it might help u in the future if u go to R & D in nanotech..
Hehe. Thanks. BTW, what is the minor mistake you're talking about?
Post a Comment
<< Home